root permissions on NFS shares

From: Jason Williard (jwilliard_at_pcsafe.com)
Date: 08/10/05

Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 14:40:28 -0700

I have created a few NFS shares on my network and have got almost all the
kinks worked out. However, I noted one issue today that is quite annoying.
If I am working as root on one of the machines accessing a share, I am
unable to modify files on that share. It is obviously a permissions issue,
but is there any way to give root, on any system, full permissions on all
shares? I would like it to act as if the share was a local folder, if
possible.

Thank You,
Jason Williard

Relevant Pages

  • Re: RH9: I need to start ADSL-START as root for the first time after boot ....
    ... > After connecting as root, I also may disconnect and run the program as ... > normal user and it successfully connect so far. ... relevant permissions after you first start it up as root. ... BTW, while creating my home network, I used the RH network GUI to set up ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: root permissions on NFS shares
    ... > I have created a few NFS shares on my network and have got almost all the ... It is obviously a permissions issue, ... > but is there any way to give root, on any system, full permissions on all ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • Re: root permissions on NFS shares
    ... > I have created a few NFS shares on my network and have got almost all the ... It is obviously a permissions issue, ... > but is there any way to give root, on any system, full permissions on all ...
    (linux.redhat.misc)
  • root permissions on NFS shares
    ... I have created a few NFS shares on my network and have got almost all the ... If I am working as root on one of the machines accessing a share, ... It is obviously a permissions issue, ...
    (linux.redhat.misc)
  • programs become unresponsive intermittently
    ... I believe this is likely a network issue but I'm having difficulty tracking it down. ... I had a very similar problem a while back that seemed to be from having too many NFS shares. ... I had another similar problem later that I tracked down to a failing network switch. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)