Re: Java kills Firefox

HLRoss wrote:
I have just upgraded to Firefox 1.5. I use Centos (Red Hat
Enterprise).
All went fine until I installed java. With the java plugin installed, every time I try to open Firefox, it
immediately closes. If I remove the plugin, it opens and runs fine,
just without java.
I really need the java. Any thoughts?
Thanks,
HLR

Java and Mozilla/Firefox always had problems. You need to soft link the CORRECT so file

Say you have two different versions with your JRE:

$yourpath/jre1.5.0_02/plugin/i386/ns7-gcc29/libjavaplugin_oji.so
$yourpath/jre1.5.0_02/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so

I always get it wrong. It is ALWAYS the other one :-(

How the heck should/would I know how NS7 was compiled for my system...

Cheers,

Malte

  • Re: Java kills Firefox
    ... > All went fine until I installed java. ... Did you verify the link was valid? ... > With the java plugin installed, every time I try to open Firefox, it ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • Re: Java kills Firefox
    ... All went fine until I installed java. ... With the java plugin installed, every time I try to open Firefox, it ... You need to soft link the CORRECT so file ... And I was lucky enough to get it right on first try! ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • Java kills Firefox
    ... I have just upgraded to Firefox 1.5. ... Enterprise). ... All went fine until I installed java. ... With the java plugin installed, every time I try to open Firefox, it ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)