Re: Mysql

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 18:07:39 +0100, "Cteodor" <cteodor@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>i found mysql located in /usr/bin/mysql
>
>what i did was:
>
>I messed up config of mysql, i deleted mysql with apt-get remove mysql, then
>i reinstalled with apt-get.
>All went fine , but starting mysql.....
>
>Cristi

Did you try reinstalling the rpm with "--allfiles"? I don't know
about this case but sometimes that seems to help when an rpm
installation has been corrupted and simply reinstalling the rpm in the
usual way doesn't work.

  • Re: how to know if a rpm has support for something
    ... I did what you have said and in my particular case with postfix I have this: ... I suppose this means that I have no MYSQL support. ... Do I lose the support I have bought to Redhat if I recompile this package? ... I want to know if this rpm: ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: [PHP] Installing php and mysql on linux
    ... I was ale to follow directions from the mysql website to start getting mysql to work instead of the linux site which was the basis for my original post. ... Does anyone know where I can go to download a php-mysql rpm? ... [PHP] Installing php and mysql on linux ... bash: up2date: command not found ...
    (php.general)
  • [Full-disclosure] [SECURITY] [DSA 833-2] New mysql-dfsg-4.1 package fixes arbitrary code execution
    ... Problem type: remote ... The following vulnerability matrix explains which version of MySQL in ... If you are using the apt-get package manager, ... Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 alias sarge ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • [SECURITY] [DSA 833-2] New mysql-dfsg-4.1 package fixes arbitrary code execution
    ... Problem type: remote ... The following vulnerability matrix explains which version of MySQL in ... If you are using the apt-get package manager, ... Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 alias sarge ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: MySQL FC3
    ... I d/l the currant rpm and it will not allow removal. ... >I need I think a way to un-install mysql and do a clean install.. ... ensuring not to copy the mysql database. ...
    (Fedora)