Re: sbin and basic commands
- From: Moif Murphy <moif_MONSTERS_murphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 08:21:34 +0000
Dan Espen wrote:
Moif Murphy <moif_MONSTERS_murphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
Whenever I try to execute a basic command such as ifconfig, Fedora
tells me that it can't find the command. I then try /sbin/ifconfig and
it works. Can anyone advise me on what I need to do to eliminate the
need to type /sbin/ when using such commands?
It's pretty common for ordinary users to not have /sbin in their
You can add this to your .bash_profile to fix that:
Thank you. Job done!
- Prev by Date: Re: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: updates
- Next by Date: Linux RH9 installation problem
- Previous by thread: Re: sbin and basic commands
- Next by thread: ftp installation goes to CD instead