Re: mySQL for FC 6

"Mark Pryor" <tlviewer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:pan.2007.05.09.01.44.57.997934@xxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, 07 May 2007 19:52:46 -0700, Cinnamon wrote:

Try it the easy way using FC6 repositories that are already setup to
use with YUM.

Get a console box (CLI)

#yum grouplist
#yum groupinfo "MySQL Database"
#yum groupinstall "MySQL Database" "Web Server"

with this approach there is no guesswork -- only packages ready for your
system will be installed.

Thanks Mark,

I feel so stupid - after reading several sets of instructions on installing
FC6 I realized that it (as well as Apache and PHP) comes with the package.
The hardest part for me now is just installing FC6 - every set of
instructions I read vary, and I keep ending up with another question. I
think a lot of it is because the writers assume you know all about Linux
already. Sure would like to have a Linux master just stand over my shoulder
while I install....

Christina

  • Re: mySQL for FC 6
    ... use with YUM. ... I feel so stupid - after reading several sets of instructions on installing ... FC6 I realized that it comes with the package. ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • Re: Correction
    ... I did this on FC6 and it works just great. ... >> this on F7 and yum failed. ... It appears that the vlc package has not been ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Replacement for gnofin?
    ... via yum or in rpm form for FC6. ... gnucash is overkill for that task and every time I ... Bob Goodwin ...
    (Fedora)
  • yum update errors (upgrade from fc5->fc6)
    ... I'm trying to upgrade to fc6 from fc6. ... I installed the release rpms for fc6 and did a yum updtae and i get this error when processing deps: ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: On making mistakes (Re: Why most run Microsoft, not RedHat)
    ... I decided to 'yum ... the flip side of removing too much is installing too ... Building a "stripped down" server off Fedora or RHEL is a PITA ... What is needed is a "recommended" dependency, and a switch to control ...
    (Fedora)