Re: mySQL for FC 6
- From: "Cinnamon" <designer'at'centurytel'dot'net>
- Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 12:50:08 -0700
"Mark Pryor" <tlviewer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Mon, 07 May 2007 19:52:46 -0700, Cinnamon wrote:
Try it the easy way using FC6 repositories that are already setup to
use with YUM.
Get a console box (CLI)
#yum groupinfo "MySQL Database"
#yum groupinstall "MySQL Database" "Web Server"
with this approach there is no guesswork -- only packages ready for your
system will be installed.
I feel so stupid - after reading several sets of instructions on installing
FC6 I realized that it (as well as Apache and PHP) comes with the package.
The hardest part for me now is just installing FC6 - every set of
instructions I read vary, and I keep ending up with another question. I
think a lot of it is because the writers assume you know all about Linux
already. Sure would like to have a Linux master just stand over my shoulder
while I install....
- Prev by Date: Re: mySQL for FC 6
- Next by Date: Re: mySQL for FC 6
- Previous by thread: Re: mySQL for FC 6
- Next by thread: Re: mySQL for FC 6