Re: FC7 Wireless PCI Cards?

Pikov Andropov wrote:
Will FC7 recognize a D-Link® WDA-1320 Wireless-G PCI Desktop Adapter (Atheros chipset, I believe)?

If not, what do I need to do to get it working?

Thanks.

Atheros chipsets are supported by the madwifi project. Many distributions don't include the drivers because there is a component that cannot be distributed as source code which violates the GPL license.

You can downloads the source code and build your own drivers or get a set (2) of rpm's that is tailored for your specific kernel. Note that you'll have to rebuild/reinstall the drivers every time the kernel is updated.

I usually get mine (as rpms) from:
http://atrpms.net/name/madwifi/

You;ll have to search through the rpms for the set appropriate for your kernel.

Phil Sherman

  • RE: Wireless network card setup, Fedora Core 1...
    ... the noted drivers required were the Prism2 drivers. ... Also there are RPMs at http://prism2.unixguru.raleigh.nc.us/. ... RPMs for FC1 up to kernel 2174. ... Every time you install a new kernel, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: FC7 Wireless PCI Cards?
    ... Phil Sherman keyed the following on 6/27/2007 8:46 PM: ... Adapter (Atheros chipset, I believe)? ... Many distributions don't include the drivers because there is a component ... set of rpm's that is tailored for your specific kernel. ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • two questions about F7
    ... Where in bugzilla should I address problems with the iwl3945 drivers? ... People say "FC7" doesn't exist, but the rpms are labeled with it. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: ACPI Error under 2.6.26-rc*
    ... and attach the rsdp for all of the three cases (good, ACPI Error, ... could you please attach the dmesg output of a 2.6.25.10 kernel which has ... # IPVS transport protocol load balancing support ... # Device Drivers ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • init_emergency_isa_pool calling mempool_create in non-sleeping context
    ... I just saw this when booting a current linux-2.6.git kernel. ... # Power management and ACPI options ... # Bus options (PCI etc.) ... # Enable WiMAX to see the WiMAX drivers ...
    (Linux-Kernel)