Re: FC7 Wireless PCI Cards?

Pikov Andropov wrote:
Will FC7 recognize a D-Link® WDA-1320 Wireless-G PCI Desktop Adapter (Atheros chipset, I believe)?

If not, what do I need to do to get it working?

Thanks.

Atheros chipsets are supported by the madwifi project. Many distributions don't include the drivers because there is a component that cannot be distributed as source code which violates the GPL license.

You can downloads the source code and build your own drivers or get a set (2) of rpm's that is tailored for your specific kernel. Note that you'll have to rebuild/reinstall the drivers every time the kernel is updated.

I usually get mine (as rpms) from:
http://atrpms.net/name/madwifi/

You;ll have to search through the rpms for the set appropriate for your kernel.

Phil Sherman
.