Re: vsftpd and banner_file

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 23:55:17 -0700, Stefano wrote:

Hi,
I'm using vsftpd as FTP server. I have configured the vsftpd.conf
and specified a line with banner_file. I'm using a Windows XP client
machine for downloading. If I use ftp from command line the
"banner_file" it's showed correctly. If I try to download from internet
explorer or firefox (ftp://myftpsite.mydomain.com) it doesn't
show the banner. Do I need to specify other parameters for ftp://
download ?

Thanks in advance

Use a ".message" file in whatever directory you want to see the banner
displayed for (see the dirmessage_enable) in conf file .

- Chris

  • vsftpd banner_file
    ... I'm using vsftpd as FTP server. ... I'm using a Windows XP client ... If I try to download from ... Do I need to specify other parameters for ftp:// ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • vsftpd and banner_file
    ... I'm using vsftpd as FTP server. ... I'm using a Windows XP client ... If I try to download from ... Do I need to specify other parameters for ftp:// ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • vsftpd and banner_file
    ... I'm using vsftpd as FTP server. ... I'm using a Windows XP client ... If I try to download from ... Do I need to specify other parameters for ftp:// ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • Re: Downloads Fail With IIS 6.0
    ... isn't very secure. ... we would have to rewrite many pages of our web ... > would recommend to set up a FTP server and put that file on it. ... >> appear to download, and show the correct number of pages, but have all blank ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Dell Inventory Tool will not install.
    ... I'm trying to install the dell inventory tool and it fails when doing a sync ... It fails whether i specify a local location or download from web. ... Command line specified package to update on DPs as sitecode0009B 01/01/1601 ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.admin)