Re: vsftpd and banner_file

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 23:55:17 -0700, Stefano wrote:

Hi,
I'm using vsftpd as FTP server. I have configured the vsftpd.conf
and specified a line with banner_file. I'm using a Windows XP client
machine for downloading. If I use ftp from command line the
"banner_file" it's showed correctly. If I try to download from internet
explorer or firefox (ftp://myftpsite.mydomain.com) it doesn't
show the banner. Do I need to specify other parameters for ftp://
download ?

Thanks in advance

Use a ".message" file in whatever directory you want to see the banner
displayed for (see the dirmessage_enable) in conf file .

- Chris

  • vsftpd and banner_file
    ... I'm using vsftpd as FTP server. ... I'm using a Windows XP client ... If I try to download from ... Do I need to specify other parameters for ftp:// ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • vsftpd and banner_file
    ... I'm using vsftpd as FTP server. ... I'm using a Windows XP client ... If I try to download from ... Do I need to specify other parameters for ftp:// ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • vsftpd banner_file
    ... I'm using vsftpd as FTP server. ... I'm using a Windows XP client ... If I try to download from ... Do I need to specify other parameters for ftp:// ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Downloads Fail With IIS 6.0
    ... isn't very secure. ... we would have to rewrite many pages of our web ... > would recommend to set up a FTP server and put that file on it. ... >> appear to download, and show the correct number of pages, but have all blank ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • RE: question using FtpGetFile
    ... wininet.lib to the list of libraries that your project is linking. ... That should resolve you compile errors, however GetFile is not going to ... The GetFile example is only for downloading a file from an FTP server. ... order to download a file from a web server you will need to use the WinInet ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded.vc)