Re: vsftpd and banner_file

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 23:55:17 -0700, Stefano wrote:

Hi,
I'm using vsftpd as FTP server. I have configured the vsftpd.conf
and specified a line with banner_file. I'm using a Windows XP client
machine for downloading. If I use ftp from command line the
"banner_file" it's showed correctly. If I try to download from internet
explorer or firefox (ftp://myftpsite.mydomain.com) it doesn't
show the banner. Do I need to specify other parameters for ftp://
download ?

Thanks in advance

Use a ".message" file in whatever directory you want to see the banner
displayed for (see the dirmessage_enable) in conf file .

- Chris
.