Re: Eeee gads

On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 15:02:08 -0400, Pete wrote:

kurt wrote:
Pete wrote:

I just bought Fedora 6.
Can it be upgraded over the web, or does it require a full reinstall?

I don't know why you bought Fedora 6, it is FREE! But you can download
the installation files from any of the mirrors and use your preferred
method to upgrade or do a fresh install. There's not much difference in
the time requirements either way, and most would say do a full install
rather than upgrade.

...kurt

The iso is to burn on a DVD.
I have a CD burner, but not a DVD burner. Guess I'm out of luck.

A DVD burner costs as little as $28, treat yourself to one.

http://tinyurl.com/352g6q

  • Re: Web vs. Desktop based systems
    ... provider with better privacy policy (perhaps Yahoo) also provides ... to other folder or reporting spam or changing the filter recipes. ... But how do you *really* know the important upgrade that keeps ... The alert-window doesn't exactly say *why* you need to install this ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: Requesting some leniency on your piracy protection program ple
    ... If Windows is retail, not at all. ... You can reinstall, upgrade, move to a different computer all you want as long as it is only installed on one computer at a time. ... The things I do not get, is not being able to> install the same ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: 10.6.7 Just works
    ... If you have the install disc just pop it in and do a reinstall. ... The recent upgrade to 10.6.7 brings a lot of problems with third part ... I have tried switching System Language, and even restarting the mac. ... Did anyone else run into a slow restart after the 10.6.7 update ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Increasing Debians Adoptability [Was: Skipping releases on dist-upgrades]
    ... deal) decision that I will back up and then install new. ... distro upgrade. ... volunteer Debian mirrors and such.. ... Teach everyone you can grab how to partition, how to use micromedia, ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Versions and Updates
    ... SuSE won't upgrade it via YOU for you. ... The same goes for KDE, Gnome, or any ... Gnome packages on their website. ... You're required to install lua from another website: ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)