newbie question: how to get more than one user to be in the GROUP for directory ownership?

I need "apache" and my username to share access to a directory because my
php script creates directories within a directory.

For example the directory /home/html/mysite/files, I want apache to be able
to create directories and file and I need to see those files and directories
when I use WinSCP using my username to login.

Currently, I did this and it allows the script to write directories:
chown username:apache files

I use WinSCP (which logs in using username) to check out what's inside those
directories and it errors out, permission denied.

Any ideas are much appreciated!

  • Re: permissions?
    ... > create user accounts in mysql, then call mysql to check it. ... But now username and password is hardcoded in my php script, ... readable by wwwrun, so any other local users can also ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: permissions?
    ... kkk333@freemail.hu (Daniel Barna) wrote: ... >> create user accounts in mysql, then call mysql to check it. ... > But now username and password is hardcoded in my php script, ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • How to get the HTTP authenticated user name?
    ... I'm running on Apache 2 and I want to use the mod_auth_basic module, which authenticates the user. ... But I need the username to use it in my php script. ...
    (php.general)
  • Re: newbie question: how to get more than one user to be in the GROUP for directory ownership?
    ... my php script creates directories within a directory. ... I use WinSCP (which logs in using username) to check out what's inside ... usermod -aG apache username ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • how to get more than one user to be in the GROUP for directory ownership?
    ... I need "apache" and my username to share access to a directory because my ... php script creates directories within a directory. ... I use WinSCP to check out what's inside those ...
    (linux.redhat)