Enable postdrop for red hat enterprise 5 SELinux

Hi,

I was trying to send email through alpine on our server, got SMTP
connection broken error message.

I know that SELinux is blocking it because if I enable SELinux
permissive mode. I can send out the email without any problem.

Following is the error message I got from mailog:
Postfix/postdrop[20764]: fatal: setrlimit: Permission denied
Postfix/smtpd[20763]: warning: premature end-of-input on /usr/sbin/
postdrop while reading input attribute name
Postfix/smtpd[20763]: warning: command "on /usr/sbin/postdrop" exited
with status 1
Postfix/smtpd[20763]: fatal: unable to execute /usr/sbin/postdrop

There is also a AVC message saying postdrop was denied.

I tried to add policy for postdrop without success. Can anyone help me
on that?

Thanks!!

  • Re: k3b doesnt work in fedora 7 with SElinux on
    ... same rewritable dvd rw disc I get ... I disabled SElinux and now k3b works fine (but CD/DVD CREATOR still doesn't work with an other error message) ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Googleearth wont run on F10
    ... correctly so google earth will run, and the answer may be in the SElinux ... The error status from selinux often contains the command to reset the ... no change in the error message I posted to the selinux ... list noonish yesterday, and no reply has been seen. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Selinux and Firefox
    ... Jim wrote: ... On a Box with Five Users, one user is having problems with, when starting Firefox, Selinux continues to pop ... up with error message, if you shut down one error message, immediately another will pop up. ... Could it be a problem with the /home/user/.mozilla directory that Selinux doesn't like? ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: httpd.conf trouble
    ... > It just keeps saying ... > but i had it working in fc2, ... I think the error message is confusing. ... And I bet you have SELinux ...
    (Fedora)
  • SEtroubleshooting (./.xsession-errors) ??
    ... ERROR message in SEtroubleshooting. ... SELinux is preventing the pam_timestamp_c from using potentially ... mislabeled files. ... [SELinux is in permissive mode, ...
    (Fedora)