SuSE 8.2 lilo/grub problem?
Date: 8 Jul 2003 23:07:32 -0700
Hello to you all.
I bought 8.2 last weekend; what I thought is that I could obtain
something better than free distros, but...
The following worked with Mandrake 9.1:
IDE master (13Gb, UDMA66): Linux (hda1=/, hda2=swap)
IDE slave (40Gb, UDMA100): WinXP (hdb1=10 Gb NTFS, hdb5=30GB FAT32).
Lilo worked ok with Mandrake. The Mandrake installer did it the job.
Suse 8.2 Yast2 installed Grub first, but it did not work, so I tried
with Lilo, but with no result. Keep in mind that:
0) Lilo/Grub shows the menu, but when I choose Windows, XP does not
1) I've read everything I could here in groups about Lilo/Grub
2) /dev/hdb1 is active and bootable
3) the order in BIOS is master first an than slave
4) When choosing Windows with Grub, my Pc restarts!!
5) Win XP boots ok when changing boot order.
I don't want to give up and reinstall Mandrake ;-) If anybody of you
had the same problem (and solved ;-) ), please tell.
Thanks in advance - Lionello
- Re: [SLE] Getting Grub to find everything
... as a boot source very happily. ... Hence, with your drives, you need to have ... At one point I allowed Mandrake to overwrite SuSE's boot ... GRUB itself is the bootloader and should load the kernel for you, ...
- Re: install
... The boot loader is ... Mandrake lilo. ... Mandrake lilo may ... Mandrake or Debian, edit /etc/lilo.conf (in Debian. ...
- Multi boot problem with Mandrake 9.1 and 10.1
... For some reason I cannot make Mandrake 9.1 and 10.1 coexist peacefully on ... The setup is Windows 98 and 2000 on hda, ... all I have to do is put in the boot CD (install ... /dev/hdb6 swap swap defaults 0 0 ...
- Re: Cant boot with Mandrake linux drive removed
... installed on a second hard drive in my Windows XP box and was happily ... containing Mandrake and tried to boot to Windows (Windows was set as my ... Install the XP boot into the bootstrap sector by booting the ...
- Re: Mandrake 9.1 problem with MS Intellieye Mouse (USB)
... I'm brand new to the world of Linux! ... I installed Mandrake 9.1 and during the entire ... > Then the mouse is perfect except when I boot back into Windows XP then ...