Re: Network problem

From: Thomas Baier (thomas_at_tho-bai.de)
Date: 07/16/03

Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 00:17:42 +0200

Now I tried ping. For testing I've taken another linux machine instead of
the winxp machine. They bot have statical IP adresses.
When I run 'ping 192.168.0.1' at the machine with this IP it works, but when
I try to ping the other machine it returns
        'PING 192.168.0.2 (192.168.0.2) 56(84) bytes of data.
         From 192.168.0.1: icmp_seq=1 Destination Host Unreachable'
What could be my mistake? I searched a lot through the internet but never
found any page helping me. Would be nice if anybody could point me to a
good related site.

Thanks for help

Thomas

Relevant Pages

  • samba, nfs, ipaddress problem.
    ... This allows the Winxp machine to get its internet from the host through the ... Today I tried Debian on the client machine and was having trouble with samba ... but still not able to ping in either direction. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Problem getting IP from Computer name
    ... I tried ping from Win98 for both names and again both have ... does this have to do anything with a 'hosts' file? ... >> machine although I pass the name of the WinXP machine. ... > you have a configuration problem. ...
  • Re: q about specifying domain in LMHOSTS
    ... machine I can ping the win2k3 machine. ... controller: test.local. ... But from winxp machine I cannot ping test.local ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: My DHCP Server is giving out duplicate IP addresses...
    ... I'm running Windows XP SP2 on the workstation and Windows 2003 ... Is there some procedure I need to run on my DHCP server? ... If I take this new PC off the net work, I can still ping the IP ... is still able to ping the address given to the winXP machine? ...