Re: WalMart, Best Buy, CompUSA -compatable hardware?

From: David (FlyLikeAnEagle_at_United.Com)
Date: 07/24/03

Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 12:42:04 GMT

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 06:27:41 UTC, Peter Hoff
<no_spam_for_pete@lineardesigngroup.com> wrote:

> David wrote:
> > I'm considering the WalMart SuSE system too. I'm a developer
> > though and after reviewing the SuSE site, I'd like to have the
> > Professional version installed. I'm considering the upgrade
> > package from SuSE. I'd probably want to add a PCMCIA slot
> > to the Microtel system after I got it.
> >
> > I'm still doing my research. This computer will probably be
> > purchased off the shelf -- my first after 7 home built OS/2 systems.
> > What other off the shelf suppliers are there?
> >
> > David
> >

> If you have a decent internet connection you can just change your
> install source to SuSE's ftp site and add in all the developement
> packages from there.

  Peter,

  That seems reasonable. I was getting the impression that the Pro
version had something different about the packages it supported.
If the Pro is just a larger base of packages, I can compensate with
my internet connection (DSL).

  Thank you for clearing that up.

  David