M$ admits responsability for software instability

From: Ergo Sum (google_at_home.com)
Date: 08/14/03

Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 13:58:20 GMT

Someone should teach M$ PR manager to *start* *thinking* properly. Someone
should teach M$ to *think* before speaking. Someone should teach M$ to
*think*.Period.

The me spell this out:

If third party products are responsible for *half* of the problems of
stability with their OS, then the /*other*/ /*half*/ of the problems are
due to M$ products themselves.

I thank M$ for confirming *again* what we all know... better use Linux.

(I was going to insult M$, but then I realized that some people that work
there might be actually smart people earning their lifes as honestly as
they can. So out, of respect for the humans behind the money-making
machine, I restrain.)

http://slashdot.org/articles/03/08/13/1516209.shtml?tid=109&tid=187

http://www.zdnet.com.au/newstech/security/story/0,2000048600,20277185,00.htm
Microsoft criticises third party code for Windows crashes

By Brendon Chase, ZDNet Australia

Microsoft has laid the blame for half of all Windows crashes on third-party
code.

Scott Charney, chief security strategist at Microsoft, told developers at
the TechEd 2003 conference in Brisbane, that information collected by Dr
Watson, the company's reporting tool, revealed that "half of all crashes in
Windows are caused not by Microsoft code, but third-party code".

--
Legum servi sumus ut liberi esse possimus.
- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Relevant Pages

  • M$ admits responsability for software instability
    ... If third party products are responsible for *half* of the problems of ... Microsoft has laid the blame for half of all Windows crashes on third-party ... Windows are caused not by Microsoft code, but third-party code". ...
    (alt.linux)
  • M$ admits responsability for software instability
    ... If third party products are responsible for *half* of the problems of ... Microsoft has laid the blame for half of all Windows crashes on third-party ... Windows are caused not by Microsoft code, but third-party code". ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: What about this!!!
    ... But then you also have to ask why the third party products are needed. ... One can poke a lot of fun at microsoft, ... IBM PC had hard disk space. ... and that one had more RAM than the hard disk on that ten year old system. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Latest Windows Update
    ... > In fact, I also had a problem installing KB902400, but not yet any issues at ... > Should third party products "work nicely" with the Microsoft Operating ... >> but the fact is, and it's undeniable, the latest microsoft patch causes ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Windows xp home
    ... So with 98SE all beefed up in security with third party products, ... still think XP is more secure, Ron? ... :>Microsoft rushed out Millenium and so it was flawed and I am really glad ... Windows 98 is in no way *more* secure than Windows XP. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)