Re: Apache server

From: Philip Miller (help_at_rejuvenating.com)
Date: 09/15/03

Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 00:34:21 -0700

Randall,

Thanks. As I have said to others, seems like I am really stupid, but I
admit to being rather new to Linux. The browser is a *local* browser. I am
trying to talk to my own machine, not one on the network.

I added all these lines in console mode and at the root level. No response!
the command are not even recognized by my system.

I can assure myself that I am using a store-bought version 8.1 version
Professional with *everything* installed.

Why doesn't SuSe offer a version 1.3 Apache.rpm instead of the 2.0 which
even they suggest not to use?

Then I cannot install PHP until he Apache is installed.

Phil

www.antiaging.com
www.antiagingow.ocm

"Randell D." <you.can.email.me.at.randelld@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Philip Miller" <help@rejuvenating.com> wrote in message
> > I am new to Linux. So assume nothing.
> >
> > Is apache server already installed with the normal SuSe Linux 8.1
install?
> > Because it does not seem that I have any server. I enter
http://localhost
> > in my browser and nothing happens. And I don't see any directory where
> > Apache is loaded. I can ping it from the rest of my network.
> >
> > So if I decide to install it from SuSe direct (Apache 2.0) or from
Apache
> > direct on a Pentium class machine (i486) what are the exact steps that I
> > take? If these are line codes are they from the konsole? Again assume
> > nothing.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Phil
>
> When you enter http://localhost in your browser - Where is the browser?