apt-get

From: Zach (zach_at_zcsmith.com.nospam)
Date: 09/22/03

Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 00:14:15 GMT

I read somewhere that SuSE has its "own" version of apt and it could be
downloaded from their ftp site. I've been unable to locate it and can't find
any version (anywhere) that is not Debian specific. Is this the equivalent
of a snipe hunt or is there one out there? Thanks!

Zach

Relevant Pages

  • Re: apt-get
    ... Zach wrote: ... > downloaded from their ftp site. ... It's out there but I googled apt and suse together and found it. ... supplementary/kde as it has a yast source to add but it will not work via ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: [SLE] FTP download
    ... downloading the whole lot and installing from your hard drive using the ... instructions, they know work, on using the SUSE ftp site. ... This e-mail message has been scanned for viruses by our email server and cleared. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [SLE] kernel update hoses system
    ... > A new kernel came out this morning so I updated to it using apt, ... SuSE techs: if you want to issue kernel updates that hose ... apt is hardly a supported method of upgrading packages. ... mount /dev/hda2 tmp ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [SLE] Suse Linux information required - New user
    ... >> I HIGHLY recommend you do not use apt on a production machine as it is ... > apt components, in this case you need to know what you're doing to prevent ... For someone with experience with SuSE there is no problem as they know ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [SLE] apt-get vs apt-rpm vs rpms
    ... Colin Fraser wrote: ... If you want some information about using apt with SuSE, ... which has information and links to more stuff about apt and SuSE: ... Check the headers for your unsubscription address For additional commands send e-mail to suse-linux-e-help@suse.com Also check the archives at http://lists.suse.com Please read the FAQs: suse-linux-e-faq@suse.com ...
    (SuSE)