Audio Cd's

From: William A. Statt (bsttt2_at_rochester.rr.com)
Date: 09/22/03

Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 00:42:38 GMT

I can play audio CD's in Xine. Which I downloaded from packman. But I can't
play audio CD's in xmms or KsCD. I can play Mp3's in xmms. XMMS and KsCD
appear to see the audio CD but they can't get the track file names from
the internet. When I click run, I see the time counting, but can't hear. I
have done a Google "Group" search and have not found an anwer there. Is
there a symbolic link or premission I have to make. I didn't for Xine?

--
God Bless, Pray for Peace

Relevant Pages

  • Re: The best media player for Linux?
    ... >>I have found XMMS to be a bit lacking to say the least. ... and plays shoutcast radio like a champ. ... Xine and Mplayer are great, but the UIs are a bit lacking, so as a Gnome ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: which is...
    ... >> someone's patents, including Xine. ... even Windoze does not come with the codecs required to display many ... Slackware does come with xmms and the required libs but I generally use ... > mplayer seems to work and I don't really care about that hippie ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: SoundBlaster 16 PnP ISA Card on 5.1
    ... >>my FreeBSD setup and that is the ability to play sound! ... I can't even play any audio with XMMS. ... volume was turned up on the analogue CD input), which didn't play audio ... use sound, the sound was compressed. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Newbie question about partitions
    ... I'm aware of that - even though, of course, I run Gnome with xine, ... totem, xmms and firefox on my ubuntu laptop, and Gnome with xine, totem, ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: mp3 player
    ... I've have both Xine and XMMS, I still prefer to use both actually. ... having a hard time with Xine to play DVDs. ... > you have ti install its libraries first then install the gui. ...
    (Fedora)