Re: FTP Installation prob.

From: Kevin Nathan (knathan_at_project54.com)
Date: 09/28/03

Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 09:58:10 -0600

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 17:21:43 +0200
Erhard Sanio <erhard.sanio@gmx.net> wrote:

> Kevin Nathan schrieb:
>
> > On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 14:07:21 +0200
> > Erhard Sanio <erhard.sanio@gmx.net> wrote:
> ..
> > > I did not find a question no less an answer.
>
> > Did you try? I found several *similar* questions (no, not exactly
> > worded like yours) and posted the most relevant looking one to
> > the OP.
>
> Yes. I did. Honestly. And I did read your response (thanx), which
> anyway is bit more than a week ago yet I would have embraced it
> had it solved my problem. Unfortunately, it did not. Thanks
> anyway.

There were some others that may be close to yours. Try searching on
groups.google.com with this search to see if any of them come close:

    "installation media" group:alt.os.linux.suse

There are 96 hits and some obviously have no bearing, but others
might . . .

> Well, as a foreigner (from Vulgaria), my language may sound
> slightly rough ..

:-)

> I am still assuming that it's me who is the idiot. I often was,
> so I wouldn't deny til proof.

In my case, I've found that to be a fairly safe assumption! :-) But
that's one of the things I really *like* about Linux -- assuming it's
my fault is a pretty safe bet; with Windows, it's the other way
around! :-)

> Anyway: if I hit a tree several
> times I am inclined to assume that I am a lousy driver. But if the
> same tree is hit by scores of drivers, something may be wrong with
> the road. Just an idea ...

Also a good point! :-)

Here's another suggestion: I've not had experience with this yet, but
I believe YOU keeps it's ftp server list in /etc/suseservers; maybe
you can add your ftp path in that file (and make sure you set the
variable YAST2_LOADFTPSERVER to "no" in /etc/sysconfig).

--
Kevin Nathan (Montana, USA)
Open standards. Open source. Open minds.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: "Nimda"?
    ... I have used Apache a little, on Redhat just because that's the linux flavor ... Last hacking / security course I went thru had us bastionizing a forward ... 1000 hits a day isn't that bad in the grand scheme of things, ... I recently built a Redhat Linux 7.0 server to use as a web server. ...
    (Incidents)
  • What Steve Goldman says about A-Rod haters
    ... Second, whenever a player hits a home run, he cannot know ... As long as the game is alive ... there's a chance for a team to rally, no matter how far down they are. ... because no lead is ever completely safe, just more safe or less safe. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees)
  • Re: Anybody using OpenOffice 2.04 (Linux) under Xandros?
    ... Whoa...you get over *36 million* hits ... Yet over 90% use Windows and less than 1% use Linux. ... WMA, and AAC formats. ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)
  • Re: Interesting utilities
    ... 45 hits, some of them relevant-looking. ... Windows has dynamic file indexing since Vista, ... After much searching I found out that actually I have that package ... under linux if you aren't upgrading every 2-3 months the OS nothing ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Question about Red Hat Linux Enterprise
    ... If the hits are simply served by not too large files (as opposed ... to complicated computations), or simple database queries, any POS ... computer from a dumpster, with Linux installed, ought to be able ... really buying the support contract. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)