Xvid codec is it there or not?

From: Brian (lash_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 11/04/03

Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 09:58:33 +0000

Hello All,

don't know if this has been asked before, but
I need to install the Xvid codec,

I have done the rpm and the files are installed at
/usr/lib location.

This is SUSE9.0 and the players look into /usr/lib/win32
for win 32 codecs.

I have installed the win32 codec patch which takes care of
divx but not xvid.

Out of desparation, I have copied the xvid.dll and xvid.ax files
from my windows machine into /ust/lib/win32 but still no luck.

Can anyone give me a clue.

thanks

Brian

Relevant Pages

  • after xvid codec installation, just clicking on an avi file freezes everything
    ... I'm going to try to install their beta version now. ... After installing the xvid codec, you can no longer even click on an avi ... I can handle avi files with the preexisting divx codec, ...
    (rec.video.desktop)
  • Re: CODEC32 installation error
    ... > I am trying to install the codec 32 RPM and gett he following message: ... can't get legally here in the US, there are always dependencies. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Added iviaudioncss.ax to the Problem Codec List
    ... > also the exact same audio compression standard used for MPEG-1 VCDs; ... >> there's another appropriate codec on my system, ... > Only if the audio codec (DS Filter) was properly registered as a Direct ... > Remove Programs" to force a repair install of the affected program. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • Re: WPM 11 and Vista
    ... I tried to install Realplayer to see if it would play dvds, ... ACM Microsoft IMA ADPCM CODEC 0011 imaadp32.acm 6.0.6000.16386 ... ACM Microsoft CCITT G.711 A-Law and u-Law CODEC 0007 msg711.acm ... ICM Microsoft Video 1 MSVC msvidc32.dll 6.0.6000.16513 ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Vista 64 bit Movie Maker wont show avi files no matter what
    ... MOV to AVI http://www.pazera-software.com/products/mov-to-avi-converter/. ... Lots of avi files though, even if you have the right codec installed, ... The problem is that Windows Movie Maker does not show ... which one you have and install just the codec for that one. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)