Upgrading KDE 3.1.1 - 3.1.4

From: Michael Fakaro (mfakaro_at_telus.net)
Date: 11/16/03

Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 00:52:40 GMT

Have just installed Suse for the first time (ver 8.2)

Wish I had done it earlier .... awesome

Question ... Should I upgrade KDE to the latest on the Suse FTP site

I am having no problems but am getting advised to update due to bug fixes.

Advised by Linux friends who aren't running Suse. (Yet!)

I am hesitant due to my system running so well

Comments? ....... Suggestions please ....

Thanks

Mike

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Why Linux Wont Win Against Windows - Part II
    ... > Windows XP is significantly faster than the GUI part of SUSE 9.1. ... The work machine runs WinXP Pro. ... thin slow about running Suse is the load time for apps - they seem to take ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Help w/ GRUB, dual boot
    ... > I WAS running SuSE 8.1 on an IBM IntelliStation M Pro, ... > GB Western Digital) where I had Linux installed on both running an Oracle ... sure by entering the geometry command when grub boots (get to command ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: [opensuse] How to look for rootkits, spyware, virus, ....
    ... systems administrator because of suspicious frequent network accesses. ... Since I have been running SuSE for many years and never had virus problems ... What do you have running, automatic updates, ntp, RSS, mail can all access the ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] should i go with 64bit??
    ... been fixed with 64-bit flash and java plugins being available. ... I have been running suse 64 since 9.0. ... install. ... A month later came an update and suse 64 installed OK. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Routing Problem
    ... running SUSE Linux 10.0 is doubling as my router. ... I have not been able to successfully connect to the Internet ... from an Ubuntu 5.10 box on my LAN. ...
    (Ubuntu)