digicam problem HP PhotoSmart 715 suse 9

From: rayar (ray_at_rayar.nl)
Date: 12/01/03

Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 22:49:55 +0100

after reading a happy post about digicams in suse i desided to plug mine in
...well it didn't work ;-( does anyone know wat to do?)

this is what i did:
step 1
i hava a camera icon om my desktop when i click it i go to
camera://HP PhotoSmart 715 (PTP mode)/
then i get the message "Could not read file /"
at one lucky moment i saw some more directories in this dir
but clicking it gave errors like "could not initialize..."

step 2
the next thing i tried is via the menu/graphics/photograph
a nice looking programm poped up called "Digikam", I did a "auto detect" at
the preferences and yes there it was a "HP PhotoSmart 715 ", looking good
sofar.....BUT when i goto the camera in Digikams menu I get the message
"Failed to initialize camera.
Please ensure camera is connected properly and turned on"

Sometimes i see the red light on my camera meaning something is accesing
memory ....

gr RaY

Relevant Pages

  • Re: !Re: My Present to Myself
    ... It hates night pictures and doesn't handle distance well. ... Hubby dropped it, local camera shop couldn't fix it, I sold it for parts on ebay. ... I got the HP Photosmart E317 and I have fallen in love except for not having the zoom. ... I never go anywhere without the good camera--my husband and I have his and her cameras because neither of us will part with them, and I can e-mail the pictures, so I guess that's why I see no point to the camera phone--and I don't pay the extra for text messaging because I have no need for it! ...
    (sci.med.transcription)
  • Re: iPAQ rx3700 Series Camera API
    ... You don't happen to know if it's the HP Photosmart camera but embedded ... The reason I ask is that Veo (the manufacturers of ... the photosmart SD cam which HP sell) have an API documentation on ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia)
  • Re: HP PhotoSmart E337
    ... I can get the camera to say it is connecting on it's screen, ... PhotoSmart 935 ... Later, Ray Parrish ... Writings of "The" Schizophrenic, what it's like to be a schizo, and other ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: hp photosmart camera
    ... > having trouble accessing it from linux. ... Set your camera to act as a disk drive, ... I have a Photosmart 318 and this works perfectly. ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: veo sd camera
    ... HP's software for the "PhotoSmart" camera also works ... >> very few players for the PPC which can read that format. ... >> PPC and just browse to it in Betaplayer. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc)