RH to SuSe

From: Ron Hoffman (bitbucket_at_linkline.com)
Date: 12/20/03

Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 19:06:25 -0800

Former RH supporter here, and I'm migrating to SuSe, for reasons
previously expounded on by many I suppose. Only glitch I have so far
is in my mouse behavior in the test box. When I boot, I log in with a
default other than root. When I log out and back in as root, I don't
have a mouse. Log out again and back in, some times I do.

Still in the somewhat steep part of the learning curve between the two
dialects of linux, so some problems are expected. This one has me a
bit bewildered at the moment though. Have read some previous posts
regarding mouse problems, so will pursue those potential problem
solvers. I think those points have already been covered however, so
if anyone has any new insight, your opinions would sure be
appreciated.

Thanks.

A former Red Hat customer.

Ron

Relevant Pages

  • Re: RH to SuSe
    ... |Former RH supporter here, and I'm migrating to SuSe, for reasons ... Only glitch I have so far ... When I log out and back in as root, ... Ron ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: [SLE] Root filesystem on LVM on SuSE 9.0
    ... the system can mount the root fs from within a logical volume - RedHat can ... If anyone from SuSE is reading this, ... As for IBM support, well I assume that there's no issue on supporting ... > object file: ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: SUSE 10.1 Printer problem
    ... Store-bought packaged SUSE v10.1 ... Attempts to mount the drive as root from ... My floppies, CD, DVD and USB flash drives all mount automatically with ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: [SLE] Speedtouch 330 (silver) ADSL
    ... which is included in SuSE 9.1. ... (and enter root password) ... me genuinely to hotplug the modem. ... You now need the modem microcode. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: several questions
    ... > reasons be?And how could I restore the users account with least loss? ... Log in as root - ONE ... editor like vi or dtpad that doesn't do any locking, ... > them from editing the password at the same time and let them edit it ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)