SuSE 9 "Starting service MySQL failed"

From: R S Prigan (rprigan_at_insight.rr.com)
Date: 01/09/04

Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 02:45:36 GMT

in SuSE 9.0  I am getting this message
"Starting service MySQL  failed"
in boot.msg

... but it works?!

MySQL server version: 4.0.15-Max
from SuSE 9 installation

Is this just the first time it tries to load and then it suceeds later?? or
is is something related to a script that misses mysql-maxd??

the running processes are  mysqld-max

Needless to say This message bothers me!

Any help explaining and getting rid of this message appreciated!

(I DID find something in the Suse KB about issue in 7.1)

RSP

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Installing Suse Linux 10
    ... but you obviously didn't read it before doing the installation. ... I have three books on SUSE ... Grub is your boot loader. ... harddrive containing Windows, is the "ideal" solution. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • solution: installing SuSE 9.2 on cerc megaraid system
    ... Dell 500SC with a CERC megaraid controller, ... Apparently this issue started with a Yast-provided kernel upgrade on ... SuSE 9.1. ... Do a SuSE 9.1 installation from CD. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: [SLE] Rant -- SuSE 9.1 is Not a Home Desktop solution at all
    ... I had been told by numerous people that SuSE ... I have to admit that installation was an absolute breeze. ... >found, and installed, everything in my box way better than Windows ever has. ... I like Linux. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: shell Hell
    ... resized on the fly without unmounting the filesystem. ... so I could continue the installation process. ... /etc/init.d/rc is called with the runlevel as an argument. ... Very BSD like.Very simple architecture compared to SuSE. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: [SLE] < RANT > *5
    ... On Wednesday 18 February 2004 11:43, Trey Gruel wrote: ... > i'm glad that suse puts /opt to good use keeping major components like kde ... file installation path AND b: lack the simple capacity to deal with stuff ... Another third or so of the NEWBIE ...
    (SuSE)