Re: Lexmark X73

From: Nathan Gilbert (nathan_at_americanhollow.com)
Date: 02/07/04

Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 13:35:43 -0500

insidetheout eat@me.com wrote:

> i was wondering if anyone has had the
> same problem i have had, i can't get this
> damn printer to work on suse 9, it always says
> "suse does not support lexmark x73", so i tried
> a manual configuration and even downloaded a
> custom PPD file and though i got a little closer,
> the damn thing still does not work. the scanner works
> great though even with ocr.
>
> joe

Use the driver for the Lexmark Z43. It will work perfectly. My assumption is
Lexmark simply put a Z43 underneath a scanner and called it the X73.

--
The life of a Repo Man is always intense!

Relevant Pages

  • SuSE 9.1 - Epson Perfection 3170 scanner
    ... The last thing I need to get working under SuSE 9.1 is my scanner. ... In YaST, ... it is not detected though manual configuration gets me as far as selecting ... The epkowa site provides versions of iscan, a program that worked on SuSE ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: [SLE] Scanning problem in 9.1
    ... SUSE 9.0 found it and it worked perfectly. ... > If I run xsane or xscanimage, they can't find the scanner. ... Pro/Yast2 don't find my Epson Perfection 1640 SCSI scanner. ...
    (SuSE)
  • HP Scanjet 5300C and SUSE 10.1
    ... This scanner is fully supported by ... SANE and was working perfectly with SuSE 10.0. ... usb 3-1: Manufacturer: Hewlett Packard ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: [SLE] usb scanner only work as root after upgrade to SUSE 10
    ... Then I upgraded to SuSE 10.0 and now only root can use the scanner. ... If root can and user cannot, dev permissions are wrong or being set ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: HP psc 1350 printer scanner
    ... > have to go through the scanner attachment process. ... But I can't find how to get SUSE to recognize ... SUSE does see any memory cards I plug into the ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)