Re: Skype - Kazaa

From: Ruel Smith (Big Daddy) (noway_at_nowhere.com)
Date: 02/08/04

    Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 14:34:18 -0500

    on Sun February 8 2004 12:58 pm, Mathew Snyder decided to enlighten us with:

    >>>SUSE 9.0 works fine except that I can't talk with my family members and
    >>>friends. They all use SKYPE to talk and KAZAA for file sharing. Is there
    >>>anything that is compatible?
    >>

    >> No, both use proprietary software, servers, protocol but Limewire uses
    >> the Gnutell network and runs under Linux for P2P. You could try running
    >> them under Wine.

    > Poster doesn't need wine for Limewire. There is a Linux version.

    You misunderstood my post. I meant that if he needed to run SKYPE or KAZAA,
    he could try running them under Wine. I gave Limewire as one that works
    under Linux.

    --
    Big Daddy Ruel Smith
    My SuSE Linux machine uptime:

    • Re: Skype - Kazaa
      ... They all use SKYPE to talk and KAZAA for file sharing. ... Poster doesn't need wine for Limewire. ... There is a Linux version. ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • Re: Peer to Peer help
      ... > The only drawback to LimeWire is that I can't seem to close it in Linux ... Butting back out again... ... The Screaming Scotsman - Linux Registered User Nr 348457 ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • Re: Peer to Peer help
      ... > but when I attempted a download it always got a file error no matter ... I have been happily using LimeWire for a bit now. ... The only drawback to LimeWire is that I can't seem to close it in Linux ... To format a floppy, use "fdformat /dev/fd0" ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • Re: DVD43
      ... I really hate windows and its perpetual battle with viruses. ... I finally got LimeWire to work. ... But I can't make DVD43 work with wine. ... I also need RS1 to work in Linux. ...
      (Fedora)