problem installing a program via "Make Install"

From: Ernest (leucoplast_at_seanet.NOSPAM.com)
Date: 02/11/04

Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 05:57:16 GMT

I've installed a newer version of reiserfs utilites (reiserfsprogs-3.6.12)
but the computer doesn't see the program.

First, I uninstalled the standard reiserfs-3.6.9 using Yast.

Then, I downloaded the new version 3.6.12, and installed it according to the
directions (sh ./configure, make, make install) as the root user.

The installation went OK but I can't run the program, even from within the
/usr/local/sbin directory, where reiserfsck is at. If I type reiserfsck or
fsck.reiser, I get a "command not found" message -even though the
reiserfsck program is there.

How can I get this program to run?

Thanks.

E.