problem installing a program via "Make Install"

From: Ernest (leucoplast_at_seanet.NOSPAM.com)
Date: 02/11/04

Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 05:57:16 GMT

I've installed a newer version of reiserfs utilites (reiserfsprogs-3.6.12)
but the computer doesn't see the program.

First, I uninstalled the standard reiserfs-3.6.9 using Yast.

Then, I downloaded the new version 3.6.12, and installed it according to the
directions (sh ./configure, make, make install) as the root user.

The installation went OK but I can't run the program, even from within the
/usr/local/sbin directory, where reiserfsck is at. If I type reiserfsck or
fsck.reiser, I get a "command not found" message -even though the
reiserfsck program is there.

How can I get this program to run?

Thanks.

E.

Relevant Pages

  • Reiser fsck anomaly?
    ... My daughter had a problem with her PC hanging during a boot of SuSE ... Linux Pro 8.2, and I toldher to boot from the install CDand do ... her to do reiserfsck --fix-fixable, but she still hung when she ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Reiser fsck anomaly?
    ... My daughter had a problem with her PC hanging during a boot of SuSE ... Linux Pro 8.2, and I toldher to boot from the install CDand do ... her to do reiserfsck --fix-fixable, but she still hung when she ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: [opensuse] Need help!
    ... On Sunday 24 August 2008 04:27:49 pm Chuck Payne wrote: ... your help was what I was needing. ... I have install the ... Once it was done, I ran reiserfsck --check ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: SuSE 9.2 wonderful, but proving to be a bit fragile
    ... > I then need to boot the DVD in rescue mode, do a reiserfsck ... > boot-up (except the once when it would not recover and I had to install ... > now it is a bit fragile for my liking. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: ad-w-a-r-e.com
    ... Before you try to remove spyware using any of the programs below, download ... to get Art's updater, SYS-UP.Zip, here for future updating of these: ... Disable Restore if you're on XP or ME (directions here: ... install and keep updated a good HOSTS file. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.ieak)