SuSE 8.2 and updating

From: Gordon Pettey (petteyg359_at_swbell.net)
Date: 02/21/04

Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 13:29:21 GMT

I have SuSE 8.2. I am trying to install the newest version on ALSA, WineX,
and APT4RPM. RPM 4 is required. I don't have it. SuSE hasn't released an
update for 8.2 for it. How do I install it without ruining my ability to
install other things by RPM later? Last time I tried some stuff got screwed
and the whole RPM installation died. Couldn't install or uninstall anything.

Gordon Pettey

Relevant Pages

  • Media Tray Empty - SuSE 9.1 Solved
    ... and has, after all, worked fine in SuSE 9.0 on the same machine. ... so I just told Yast to ignore those for the time being. ... I then installed the *old* cups-related rpm files from my SuSE 9.0 Pro ... CDs and proceeded to install the downloaded ghostscript files, ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: [SLE] Epiphany issue
    ... Just reading everything to be found on a topic, ... things shortly after I install the latest SuSE, ... SuSE release, then my shambles remains and my motivation ... rpm database and YaST's/YOU's usefulness) ...
    (SuSE)
  • [SLE] Re: [suse-amd64] ATI driver does not show SuSE
    ... According to the instructions from suse site, running the install ... use this way of installing the driver, with rpm. ... I have 3D acceleration with my ATI card on my x86_64 system. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: problems building gtkhtml-3.8.2
    ... I guess not, Suse doesn't install devel's in the beginning, eh? ... information a compiler might need. ... rpm is a packet manager. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: 9.3 - how do I "refresh" the internet???
    ... If you want to check http settings only add .http to word network: ... Dependencies, exclusions, conflicts in RPM based system like SuSE, are ... Don't install rpm-s from external sources, ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)