Re: Printer Suddenly Stopped Working

From: jpaulb (jpaulb_at_web.de)
Date: 02/23/04

Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 12:44:04 +0100

Mike Gratis wrote:
> I'm using SuSE w/KDE 3.2 and up until today haven't had any problems
> printing. My printing system uses CUPS and TurboPrint, though I've also
> tried things without TP. Today I tried to print a web page and nothing
> happened. A check of other programs, as well as trying things through YAST
> shows that my print system seems to be broken. The printer (Canon i850) is
> seen through YAST; but no commands seem to be sent to it. If I check my
> Print Manager, I can see that files are sitting there waiting to be
> printed.
>
> After playing around with different settings, as well as deleting the
> printer and then adding it back, I figured that I'd uninstall some programs
> that I'd installed earlier in the week (GnuCash and associated Gnome
> files), thinking that maybe that was the problem; but that didn't help.
> Then I uninstalled and re-installed CUPS; but still no go. At this point
> I'm open for suggestions, as I don't know where the problem lies or the
> best way to track it down.

That has happened to me a few time. After a reboot the printer works again.

--
The last virus I removed from my computers was called Windoze.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Printer Suddenly Stopped Working
    ... My printing system uses CUPS and TurboPrint, ... a bazillion reboots haven't made a difference. ... Updates via YAST; but I'm not sure if that could have caused any problems. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Printer Suddenly Stopped Working
    ... My printing system uses CUPS and TurboPrint, ... as well as trying things through YAST ... printer and then adding it back, I figured that I'd uninstall some programs ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: [opensuse] printer system crashes
    ... printing system for N places. ... At least, I understand that doing «(in yast: "do all printing via remote cups server")» means that, that only cups-client is installed. ... This is a bug in cups-client, ... there are two other possible solutions: auto-cups and profiles (in yast). ...
    (SuSE)
  • CUPS printing setup: PPD file dont exist
    ... Reinstallation of printing system ... The printer is recognized by in yast, but near the end of yast ... error saveing queue y2test, ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)