<snip> top-posting ??

From: Bob Hyam (rhyam_at_telus.net)
Date: 03/02/04

Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 23:57:45 GMT

Kevin was chastising Brian for "top-posting" and also mentioned <snip>
Can you good people point me to information on this matter as I would
not want to knowingly upset things. There seems to be a lot that I am
unaware of, so help a 60 year old newbie ng poster. Thanks, Bob.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: What does this instruction mean: ANDDC #239 ?
    ... and that it encourages failure to snip. ... I've read most of the links that someone else gave about top-posting, ... response in isolation, there's either enough info in the response (but ... order (and programmers that I've worked with would say that I'm easily ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: subjunctive mood and Microsoft
    ... Imagine a book laid out on top-posting principles. ... and it gets tedious if they don't snip at all. ... > it is more trouble than it is worth to mark the current ... > message as unread, display all messages, find the unread one, and ...
  • Re: Oren commencement speech riles Brandeis
    ... This may well have been part of the prayer service, but no one I know of ever considered "wanting" a return to sacrifices or even thought about it for that matter. ... section which even spells out exactly what the shabbos sacrifice ... the section of the shemoneh esrei that ...
    (soc.culture.jewish.moderated)
  • Re: Float comparison
    ... snip ... ... If an int object i contains the value 42, ... If a double object x contains the value 42.0, it doesn't matter ... and your double object can be representing anything fom ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: How to vectorize row times matrix rows multiplications (element wise)
    ... some contexts, you might not notice the distinction. ... contexts, the distinction does matter. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)