"kick" logged in user

From: Andreas Diendorfer [de] (andreas_at_diendorfer.at)
Date: 03/09/04

Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 20:22:48 +0100

Hallo everybody!

I have a suse 8.x webserver (LAMP) and make alle the administration
stuff with ssh. About 4 weeks ago i changed my username (i just changed
it as root with yast). no problems so far, everything works fine, but
when I look who is logged in, I can see one user, with my old username.
On my home pc I would just reboot it, but I can't do this with the server!
So is there any way to kick this "user"? (it's definitly not somebody
else, because the user is logged in since 4 weeks now...)

thanks,
Andreas Diendorfer

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SSH
    ... I'm connecting from different network eth0 is ... Subject: SSH ... your logged in username is the same as the SSH valid username then you ... Your FC5 SSH server has users john, mary, steve, and paul. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Net::SSH channel_failure: 0 Error on Remote Host
    ... I think this may be due to how a WLC prompts for login credentials; ... Username: username ... queueing packet nr 5 type 50 len 60 ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • SSH authentication via PAM
    ... I'm attempting to integrate SSH with Pluggable Authentication Modules on ... My problem is that the ACS has usernames ... SSH tests the username against legitimate users on localhost and reports ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: Read User Input using X
    ... from a common windows computer to my application. ... username@server" where username is a windows environment variable. ... So I want an option that will peform ssh to the server. ...
    (comp.os.linux.x)