Continuing problems

From: Stig Mogensen (norman_bates_at_linuxmail.org)
Date: 03/16/04

Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 23:57:36 +0100

I run SuSE9 prof.....it used to work perfectly, up untill YOU decided to
install a new kernel, and Xfree.....since then I've had loads of problems.

I've managed to get 3D to work again, on my G4 TI-4800SE, and Glxgears runs
at appr. 6500 FPS.....a sign that hardwareaccelaration is fine and working?
Even though 3Ddiag fails at finding my driver(see below). I've looked
through /var/log/nvidia-installer, and everything looked fine.

But why am I still not able to use Mplayer in full screen mode? it just uses
the same screensize for the filmclip, and puts a black frame around the
picture....both when pressing "F", and when setting fs=yes in the config
file.

Any hints?

Stig
*****copy paste being*********
stig@linux:~> 3Ddiag
3Ddiag version 0.703
Verifying 3D configuration:
Using 3dinfo

Verifying 3D configuration based on XFree86 4 for 3D board
"nVidia Corporation GeForce4 Ti 4800 SE (10de@0282)":

Verifying driver installation:
  nvidia ... failed!
======================= !!! WARNING !!! ========================
Due to license issues only a Dummy Nvidia 2D/3D driver with
Software 3D/OpenGL rendering is provided. Please download
the official 2D/3D Nvidia driver from the nVidia webserver
(http://www.nvidia.com), if you want to use 3D hardware
accelerated 3D/OpenGL.

Test for correct XFree86 version ... done.

Tests for XFree86 configuration:
  Config File /etc/X11/XF86Config ... done.
  Driver ... done.
  Color Depth ... done.
  Extensions ... done.
  Options ... done.

Checking GL/GLU/glut runtime configuration:
  GL/GLU ... done (package XFree86-Mesa)
  glut ... done (package mesaglut)
stig@linux:~>

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Again: the Nvidia driver does not work with Gnome 3
    ... Driver: 275.09.07 ... It's not quite the same card as yours, ... The last time I did a full install was with Fedora 10. ... Drivers from NVidia ...
    (Fedora)
  • Skjermkluss i Mandriva 2006
    ... skjermkort samt 19 tommers flatskjerm. ... NVidia driverne, endrer skjermfrekvensen seg fra 60 hertz til 75, og dette ... OpenGL install prefix: /usr ... -> The latest NVIDIA Accelerated Graphics Driver for Linux-x86 (version ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 73, Issue 98
    ... If you want inetd, install it. ... The generic driver in 10.04 now gives me 1024x768, ... "NVIDIA ACCELERATED GRAPHICS DRIVER " I can tweak all ... conclusion that the PSU probably lies at the root of my trouble: ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Nvidia comment
    ... the installer insists that the driver is installed. ... By the way, the nVidia card is brand new, by Albatron, the 6600 256 model. ... bought it after unsuccessfully and repeatedly trying to install the 3d ... > graphics card/driver setup unless either a kernel upgrade or graphics ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Dependencies problem while upgrading
    ... nvidia module, I would rather switch to the Nouveau driver. ... I used yum for installing. ... I understand Fedora can't say how to install it, ...
    (Fedora)