floppy drive won't mount any more

From: Dennis J. Tuchler (dennis.tuchler_at_earthlink.net)
Date: 03/22/04

Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 23:17:36 GMT

I use 9.0 and blackbox.

My fstab shows that the floppy drive should be mounted as /media/floppy.
Up to last week, there was never a problem in mounting that drive.

Last week, I tried three diskettes and each mount command (which produced
a light at the floppy drive and a reading-the-floppy sound) was rejected by
a claim that I didn't write the file system. What do I do to fix this?

Thanks

dj tuchler

Relevant Pages

  • [ANNOUNCE] util-linux-ng 2.13-rc1
    ... mount options. ... to warn about detected GPT (fdisk doesn't support GPT). ... fix HAVE_NCURSES ... getfs_* (fstab) interface has to work with canonicalize ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: [opensuse] Ugly names for disks
    ... Today there happens to be a new moon and I just applied the "fix" ... related to udisks but I may be wrong), a USB hard drive I have listed in the ... since what is specified in the fstab should never ... do what Patrick suggests by using YaST to give it a different mount point. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Ugly names for disks
    ... Today there happens to be a new moon and I just applied the "fix" ... which Patrick provided to have USB devices when connected to mount in> ... could you take a look at a related bug I raised a few weeks ... since what is specified in the fstab should ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Ugly names for disks
    ... I raised the issue on the forums and according to a couple of folk there this is a bug / regression that should be raised as such, since what is specified in the fstab should never be overridden by desktop settings. ... I opened a bug report last month but so far no response at all, and I've not seen any fix come through in the updates. ... This bug occurs on a 12.2 machine running xfce with the device set to automount. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Ugly names for disks
    ... I raised the issue on the forums and according to a couple of folk there this is a bug / regression that should be raised as such, since what is specified in the fstab should never be overridden by desktop settings. ... I opened a bug report last month but so far no response at all, and I've not seen any fix come through in the updates. ... do what Patrick suggests by using YaST to give it a different mount point. ...
    (SuSE)