Re: mountins ntfs partition

From: G. Tsarmpopoulos (foo_at_bar.com)
Date: 04/16/04

Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 20:00:07 +0300

Miguel Lopes wrote:

> I am trying to mount a Windows XP partition in linux I crated a line in
> /etc/fstab and placed this line
>
> " /dev/hda1 /win ntfs rw,user,noauto"
>

> It apeared the icone but when I try to mount it gives me that there is no
> each permissions

This is the entry in my fstab for mounting an ntfs partition
"/dev/hdb1 /windows/C ntfs
ro,users,gid=users,umask=0002,nls=utf8 0 0"
You can't mount an ntfs partition with the option rw (read write) only with
ro (read only). Writing support for ntfs is still expiremental i think

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [opensuse] Hal & Policy Kit?
    ... I am unable to mount them in 11.2 getting the message "Hal Device Volume ... I'm confused, when you boot 11.2, or any of the other OS's, I ... the drive where the partition should have been mounted, ... cat /proc/partitions ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Problem with random disks mount sequence
    ... I'll get random mount sequences. ... At the beginning the USB ... nautilus remember that 'storage3' was 1st partition, ... SCSI drives are listed by order of discovery. ...
    (Fedora)
  • 2.6.32-rc6 - 2.6.32-rc6-git3 misinterpreting fstype on boot
    ... strangeness - misinterpreting the xfs partition as reiserfs. ... proc on /proc type proc ... is a reiserfs partition it needs to mount as "/root"????. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: 2.6.32-rc6 - 2.6.32-rc6-git3 misinterpreting fstype on boot
    ... strangeness - misinterpreting the xfs partition as reiserfs. ... system.board.vendor = 'ASUSTeK Computer INC.' ... is a reiserfs partition it needs to mount as "/root"????. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Relabel partition didnt work
    ... > You're confusing disk lables with mount points. ... > When installing etch, at some point partman asked for a mount point for ... > that partition and I entered /xyz. ... There's nothing to do to the second hard disk. ...
    (Debian-User)