Re: how to turn off IPV6 in SuSE 9.1?

From: Cyberbear (no.way_at_fake.net)
Date: 05/25/04

Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 18:58:53 -0600

On Mon, 24 May 2004 07:42:24 -0700, usenetpingdave wrote:

> Okay, got the fix. Replying to my own post so if someone
> else is having this problem, they can fix it.
>
> in /etc/modprobe.conf, right below this line:
>
> alias net-pf-10 ipv6
>
> add the following line:
> install ipv6 /bin/true
>
> Note: this fix is for SuSE 9.1, 2.6 kernel. The other fix from the
> SuSE website (link below) works on earlier versions of SuSE.
>
> credit for fix goes to w4rmc47, who posts on yahoo finance scox
> message board.
>
> cheers,
> Dave

Thanks for the tip, Dave.

I was wondering about this, since I had noticed slow name resolution on
some sites while using SuSE 9.1.

The fix seems to have made a difference, although I don't have any 'real'
measured data to prove anything. It sure seems more responsive on the
sites I visit a lot.

Ron

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [SLE] How about users "desupporting" Suse 9.3 and later.
    ... >the Suse Lizard on it. ... >problem that it is the TWM login screen. ... fix it. ... solve my reboot hanging pretty soon, I might go back to Mandrake myself. ...
    (SuSE)
  • can i get help merging this
    ... okay here is a few stevie issues;) well i am not sure if I want to to fix ... before the upgrade; because I don't think suse will merge it on its own. ... okay i believe suse is loaded on hda7; which seem to be growing with every ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: [SLE] ADSL with PPPoE
    ... > I use SuSE 9.0 and try to setup an ADSL connection with a fix IP address ... > I setup my fix ip address in the network card info of YAST ... SuSE since 1998 ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [SLE] What about the screensaver? works again :-)
    ... Wonder when the SUSE guys are planning to fix the screensaver workings? ... Daniel Bauer photographer Basel Switzerland ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [SLE] Suse 9.2 Pro
    ... Bugs in KDE are bugs that need to be fixed by the KDE folks, ... > the company (SuSe or otherwise) putting the distro together should ... > chase down and fix the bugs in all of those packages is unrealistic IMHO. ...
    (SuSE)