Digitizing audio and video tapes under suse

From: rsina (rsina.no-ssppaamm_at_earthlink.net)
Date: 06/05/04

Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 15:06:15 GMT

Hi all,

I have a bunch of old audio tapes, with high sentimental value for me, which
I like to save (backup) on my hard disk on my suse 9.1. I also have a few
8mm mini DV video tapes that Came from my Cannon ZR65 camera which I also
like to save and play on my computer. What is the best way of doing this
under Suse, if possible at all? I don't even know how to do these under
Windows XP, and I am even less familiar with Suse's multimedia
capabilities.

Thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • [SLE] SMBFS too many open files
    ... I mount my wife's Windows ME system every night and backup to my second ... hard disk on my SuSE 9.0 desktop. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [SLE] repeated boot problem
    ... SuSE 8.1 has a known issue with reiserfs that may cause the kernel to ... if you update the kernel remove that option or they will not ... If you suspect hard disk problems, and your hard disk supports SMART ...
    (SuSE)
  • Suse 8.2 does not boot anymore...
    ... I wantetd to place my hard disk drive higher, so i took it off the power ... The i put them on again, when i played the hard disk 5 cm ... Suse startet when looking for USB devices: ... Master Resource Control: previous runlevel: 5, ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: [opensuse] Clean install or update
    ... I have been thinking of updating to SuSE 11 from SuSE 10.3. ... Is it better to have a clean install of 11 or update? ... backup any customised configuration files and your data. ...
    (SuSE)
  • [SLE] Backups
    ... Here is this weeks updated list of backup methods. ... Jerome R Westrick -- Can back up to Disk,CD's, DVD's, Network, but also to ... Blue Moose IT Support -- If you have SuSE 9.1, you may want to go to ...
    (SuSE)