Re: Configuring MPlayer, Konqueror for WMP streams

From: John Bailo (Bailo_at_sewertrap.org)
Date: 06/14/04

Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 22:00:29 -0400

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 23:48:25 +0000, Benjamin Disraeli wrote:

> I am trying to configure MPlayer to play WMP video streams.
>
> I am testing with WMP streams from this page ( the Real Player stream work
> fine ).
>
> http://wwitv.com/portal.htm
>
> My configuration is:
>
> KDE
> Konqueror
> Suse 9.0
>
> MPlayer has been installed with the skin.
>
> When I click on a WMP link, it launches the player, but then the player just
> sits there -- as if the stream were not being sent to it.
>
> I can play DVDs fine with MPlayer.
>
> In the file associations, section, I configured Microsoft AVI Video, avi and
> AVI and added the extensions asx and asf to use MPlayer.
>

> Please, if you answer my question, I would prefer if you can actually run
> the streams in MPlayer yourself rather than hazarding a /guess/ as to the
> problem.

BWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your problem is that you are trying to use Linux.
Use Windows and you can click on it and it will work.
Linux?
Good luck...You'll need to go to 1000 pages to try and download libraries
and codecs that MIGHT make things work for you.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: MMS streams
    ... The streams are over 2GB in size, ... I need a player that will play the stream, ... I have had no luck with mplayer or vlc. ... Resolving video9.technion.ac.il for AF_INET... ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • MMS streams
    ... At my university we watch lectures in Windows Media Player via MMS ... The streams are over 2GB in size, ... I have had no luck with mplayer or vlc. ... Resolving video9.technion.ac.il for AF_INET... ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Configuring MPlayer, Konqueror for WMP streams
    ... I am trying to configure MPlayer to play WMP video streams. ... When I click on a WMP link, it launches the player, but then the player just ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Problem playing mms stream using mplayer or other players
    ... when I used the "full version" to play the video streams on the web. ... The use of the default mplayer plugin may now work but don't ... For the radio/audio streams, I use alsaplayer which plays the streams ... I have also updated Real player ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • [opensuse] mplayer video question
    ... I can stretch the picture using mplayer, ... and when test.avi is viewed in mplayer it looks ok but, of course, WMP is too ... Evidently xine and VLC media player are, too, ... since ONLY mplayer will play test.avi with the corrected aspect ratio. ...
    (SuSE)