Firewire NTFS Harddisk problem with SUSE 9.1!

From: Irwin J. Finster (
Date: 06/14/04

Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 19:06:23 +0100

I just recently switched from Windowz XP to Suse 9.1. All is working quite
smoothly now, but there is one little problem I have.

I have an external harddisk with Firewire and USB2.0 support which is
formatted with NTFS. When I plug in the HD I get the message frome SUSE New
Harddisk found, and then Konqueror opens, but with the error message: Can't
open directory.

Am I doing anything wrong? I know NTFS is not a good Idea under Linux, but
I only want to connect the HD to get the data off it to my main HD and then
reformat the drive.

Best regards,
Irwin J. Finster
Nuke 'em till they glow,