Firewire NTFS Harddisk problem with SUSE 9.1!

From: Irwin J. Finster (Finster_at_Wasteland.org)
Date: 06/14/04

Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 19:06:23 +0100

Hi,

I just recently switched from Windowz XP to Suse 9.1. All is working quite
smoothly now, but there is one little problem I have.

I have an external harddisk with Firewire and USB2.0 support which is
formatted with NTFS. When I plug in the HD I get the message frome SUSE New
Harddisk found, and then Konqueror opens, but with the error message: Can't
open directory.

Am I doing anything wrong? I know NTFS is not a good Idea under Linux, but
I only want to connect the HD to get the data off it to my main HD and then
reformat the drive.

--
Best regards,
Irwin J. Finster

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Firewire NTFS Harddisk problem with SUSE 9.1!
    ... > formatted with NTFS. ... When I plug in the HD I get the message frome SUSE ... > New Harddisk found, and then Konqueror opens, but with the error message: ... The USA Patriot Act is the most unpatriotic act in American history. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Firewire NTFS Harddisk problem with SUSE 9.1!
    ... > formatted with NTFS. ... When I plug in the HD I get the message frome SUSE ... > New Harddisk found, and then Konqueror opens, but with the error message: ... The USA Patriot Act is the most unpatriotic act in American history. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Firewire NTFS Harddisk problem with SUSE 9.1!
    ... > I just recently switched from Windowz XP to Suse 9.1. ... When I plug in the HD I get the message frome SUSE ... > New Harddisk found, and then Konqueror opens, but with the error message: ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)