9.1 installation problem - hangs during partitioning

From: Softy (softyicecream_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 06/15/04

Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 23:19:12 +0100

I don't know if this is the place to ask but ..

I've just bought a copy of Suse 9.1 Pro to try out for my school. We have
some older machines (500Mhz, 128Mb RAM) that Linux would be perfect for.

When I try to install Suse, I only get as far as the partitioning part of
the install - then the computer hangs. I've tried both disk one and two for
the installation with the same result.

Where do I start looking for the solution to the problem?

Thanks

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [SLE] Machine Building - Nightmare Alley - Compatibility and Upgrade
    ... > virus was pumped through my Linux gateway machine and into my XP ... > CDN dollars for SuSe 9.1 Pro and I am hoping the Box set will give me ... > purchase sales department) that I will have to install their SuSe 9.1 ...
    (SuSE)
  • [SLE] Maintenance Nightmare -- new thread from Gigabyte -- Compatibility
    ... misfunctions using HotMetal Pro 6 web authoring too and I had to use the ... gig) unit and had installed Linux SuSe 9.0 from a CD-Rom kit that came ... have to install their SuSe 9.1 distribution from scratch on all my SuSe ... I notice on this list (I subscribe to 14 SuSe lists) a lot of hype about ...
    (SuSE)
  • [SLE] Maintenance Nightmare - new thread re: Gigabyte board - Compatibility
    ... misfunctions using HotMetal Pro 6 web authoring too and I had to use the ... gig) unit and had installed Linux SuSe 9.0 from a CD-Rom kit that came ... have to install their SuSe 9.1 distribution from scratch on all my SuSe ... I notice on this list (I subscribe to 14 SuSe lists) a lot of hype about ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: installing XP Pro
    ... There are many different types of key and different types of CDs and ... If you got the key from the school, you should be able to get the CD ... > about a year and a half ago, I got a legal XP Pro Key ... I was able to install Pro borrowing a ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Boot Problems
    ... > having consistent boot problems. ... > rid of the XP Pro, but I want to keep SUSE 9.0. ... After the install you simply restore. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)