Nvidia graphics

From: iain (_at_myaddress.co.uk)
Date: 06/24/04

Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 11:06:30 +0100

Hi,

Running 9.1 on an Athlon system with a Biostar m/b using onboard Gforce4
MX graphics. Set up with the nvidia driver (release 5336) - and it all
works, 3D and everything. Only problem is that I can't use the consoles
(Alt-F1 to Alt-F6) because the screen is messed up. I can still pull up
a terminal window, but if i wanted to shut the X=-window server down I
have no console.
The screen looks as if it is trying to operate in a very low graphics
mode - and failing!
What controls the screen in this mode? Is it in the XF86Config file?

TIA

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Play Want Bin Expense 3DS Special Edition Fighter II X Turbo Alpha Dash
    ... card I forget. ... What the consoles do have going for them is that obviously you never ... always the temptation to twiddle instead of game. ... You can mess with graphics settings, you can mess with the drivers, ...
    (uk.games.video.misc)
  • Re: Kind of OT: Goldman Sachs Analyst Suggests To MS, "Spin off its Xbox business."
    ... even moderately above the graphics levels we see now, ... Microsoft/Sony could release a spec for their next generation consoles right ... Sony and Microsoft to do the same, they'd have to wait another 5 years - ... With no word on the release date of the next Xbox or PS, I would say that the economy is the primary reason, not so much as waiting for some technology price rate which is already there to be honest, since spending the money now while the potential for big sales is not there would not be a good idea. ...
    (alt.games.video.xbox)
  • virtual consoles and graphics mode
    ... I'm having a problem switching virtual text consoles to graphics mode ... What would be the best way to avoid any console text ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.apps)
  • Re: stunning new BLUE DRAGON footage (X360 jRPG)
    ... > Fantastic graphics do NOT mark an "improvement in cRPGs". ... Basically, consoles and PC are all computers, they share the same ... Processing power is improving. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg)
  • Re: "Consoles are the past, not the future"
    ... Hand held's are performing graphics when gaming, ... their performance isn't even close to that of consoles. ... games on a HDTV? ... technology always trickles to the lowest common denominator." ...
    (alt.games.video.xbox)