KVM problem

From: Diarmid Connell (diarmid.connell_at_verizon.net)
Date: 06/27/04

Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 03:40:19 GMT

Hello, Good People,
Newbie to Linux, but have familiarity (for better or worse) with Windows.
Recently installed (clean) Suse 9.1 Personal. I have three problems or
questions, the first is Linux system is on KVM switch with Windows XP
system. Boot up, everything seems to be OK as long as I stay on Linux
machine.
If I switch to other machine and switch back, most of the time the
keyboard is "gone" - no response to keystrokes, Mouse OK, everything
else OK. If I reboot, keyboard is there.
Info: KVM is all electronic, not mechanical, switching is by key combo.
System, all hardware believed to be good - proven in that the system has
  hard drive in removeable cartridge / drive rack. (When its Linux, it
is all Linux, not dual boot) and when, in another drive cartridge, I run
Windows 98, I switch back and forth between systems with no problems at
all. I.e., same keyboard, cables, connections, MB, etc...
Have been dutifully attempting to find solution or clues, no luck; I see
message way back in this group reporting KVM problem, but with a mouse...
BTW, keyboard and mouse are genuine MS, not cheapie 3rd party.
Thank you very much in advance for any suggestions or links to
suggestions you might have.