SuSE 9.1 & nVidia nForce 3 250Gb chipset & nVidia MAC for Gigabit LAN

From: Bob O'Donnell (wakatipu_at_comcast.net)
Date: 07/02/04

Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 23:34:17 -0700

Hi -

Just installed a MSI K8N Neo Platinum motherboard and Athlon 64 CPU in my
computer. Purchased and installed
SuSE 9.1 Professional (AMD64) on the machine. The one gotcha I have not
been able to sort out is that the OS
does not see the Gigabit LAN in the hardware and thus I have no access to
the Internet on that machine.

I went to the MSI website and found no help for Linux. I went to the nVidia
website and found an AMD64 nForce driver
dated May 27th or so that was supposed to be for SuSE 9.0. Installed the
driver (correctly I think ....) but the OS still
does not recognize any network functionality in the machine.

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated. I have left a message about
this on SuSE's website, but thought I
would try here too.

Thanks,
Bob