Re: RH vs SUSE

From: root/administrator (administrator_at_dev.null.dnsalias.net)
Date: 07/12/04

Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 04:40:23 GMT

If you type "make" @ any shell and you get a response saying something like
"Command not found.", chances are either you don't have make package
installed or your environment PATH does not include where make is
installed. On a SuSE-9.1 system, you can use rpm to check if make package
is installed, i.e rpm -q make. If rpm says make package is installed, you
can try to have the rpm list the make package, i.e. rpm -ql make, and
locate where make file is installed. Then, check your PATH environment to
see if it includes the path where make file is installed.

--
root/administrator