Re: SuSE 9.1 won't boot

From: Yurk Yurk (yurkyurkyurk_at_yahoo.com.au)
Date: 07/13/04

Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 10:38:35 +1000

> I had the same problem on my Asus motherboard. After an online update of
> the kernel it freezes on the SATA detection. No more kernel update for me.

Yeah, same thing for me after updating the kernel. Completely borked.

Be very wary of kernel updates - only install them if (a) you know what
you're doing, and (b) you need/want the update.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Re: udev error?
    ... Silent-Hunter wrote: ... updating the kernel. ... It wasn't the kernel update, but the libunicap update that ...
    (Fedora)