Re: How to switch desktop environments?

From: Harold Stevens (wookie_at_deuce.localdomain)
Date: 07/23/04

    Date: 23 Jul 2004 00:07:19 GMT

    In <IwWLc.17141$Fj6.10522@lakeread07>, newcastle:

    [Snip...]

    > My problem is that there is no "Session Type" option at the login screen.

    Actually, a "Menu" to get to "Session Type" (sorry--I wasn't clear).

    If you look at your X login screen (console number 7) you should see the
    "Username" and "Password" entry window. At the bottom right of this, you
    should see a dropdown available ("Menu").

      Menu -> Session Type -> managers ("Default", "Custom", "FVWM", etc.)

    If you don't see this at all, I'm really stumped. :)

    • Re: Accessing corporate servers through the web..
      ... Username and Password for unprivileged user is captured ... Denial of Service (you lose the server for a while) ... and getting console access to your server (which is actually what terminal ... PGP / XML GATEWAY APPLIANCE ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: unexpected error from Python 3.3.0
      ... I installed Python3.3.0 with python-3.3.0.amd64.msi on a win7 machine. ... What does the Windows 7 documentation say about not attaching a console for a while? ... left, top, right, bottom, ... windll.kernel32.SetConsoleScreenBufferSize(hdl, bufsize) ...
      (comp.lang.python)
    • Re: KZPBA-CB and PWS 433au problems
      ... The termination resistors have been removed from the KZPBA itself. ... something similar for the very bottom slot). ... If I install into one of the top three slots, the console is happy ...
      (comp.os.vms)
    • Re: asks for usernm/passwd, wont let me log on
      ... My reply is at the bottom of your sent message: ... > after disk check ran, a strange blue screen flashed suddenly with ... Kill the existing password. ... You should be able to find the username. ...
    • How do I initialize MAPI Properly for a Console Application which runs from Scheduled Task.
      ... my program is not a service it is simply a "console application" I ... wish to schedule the program using Windows scheduled tasks and it will run ... I will be setting a Username and Password in the task so this means I ... ULONG ulFlags = 0; ...
      (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.messaging)