Re: Where can i buy a printer for SUSE 8.2?

From: Patricia (patty_fitz_del_henry_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 07/24/04

Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 22:25:26 GMT

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 17:01:49 -0400, Arthur Hagen wrote:

> Patricia <patty_fitz_del_henry@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 20:09:37 +0100, Brian wrote:
>>
>>> On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 17:33:30 +0000, Patricia wrote:
>>>
>>> [snips]
>>>
>>> <shrug>
>>> And I still think you're wrong. For whatever reason.
>>>

>>> B.
>>
>> www.compusa.com
>> www.bestbuy.com
>> www.circuitcity.com
>>
>> You tell me where they are hiding?
>
> The printer section?

<bg>!!

> Seriously, though, I'd recommend finding a store with a better selection
> than the big consumer walk-in chains. Doing a quick search on the keyword
> "linux" in the printer section at newegg.com, for example, yielded 13
> results. In addition, a lot of the printers they haven't explicitly listed
> works fine -- many HP DeskJet printers, for example, have pretty good
> support under Linux.

But where do most people shop?
And is "many HP deskjets printers" really good enough?
I'm playing devils advocate here, but people who buy a product want to
know for a fact that the unit will work fully on their systems.

> Avoid any printers that have "photo" in their name, though.

Then Linux has to get with the program because digital photography is very
big these days!

These are the typical models offered by the stores that most people shop
at.
They work with Windows.
Linux support is unknown.

--