Re: Where can i buy a printer for SUSE 8.2?

From: Patricia (patty_fitz_del_henry_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 07/24/04


Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 22:25:26 GMT

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 17:01:49 -0400, Arthur Hagen wrote:

> Patricia <patty_fitz_del_henry@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 20:09:37 +0100, Brian wrote:
>>
>>> On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 17:33:30 +0000, Patricia wrote:
>>>
>>> [snips]
>>>> Again, all I am saying is that it is NOT easy to find a
>>>> low/reasonable cos, current modelt printer that FULLY works under
>>>> Linux for whatever reason.
>>>
>>> <shrug>
>>> And I still think you're wrong. For whatever reason.
>>>
>>>
>>> B.
>>
>> www.compusa.com
>> www.bestbuy.com
>> www.circuitcity.com
>>
>> You tell me where they are hiding?
>
> The printer section?

<bg>!!
 
> Seriously, though, I'd recommend finding a store with a better selection
> than the big consumer walk-in chains. Doing a quick search on the keyword
> "linux" in the printer section at newegg.com, for example, yielded 13
> results. In addition, a lot of the printers they haven't explicitly listed
> works fine -- many HP DeskJet printers, for example, have pretty good
> support under Linux.

But where do most people shop?
And is "many HP deskjets printers" really good enough?
I'm playing devils advocate here, but people who buy a product want to
know for a fact that the unit will work fully on their systems.

 
> Avoid any printers that have "photo" in their name, though.

Then Linux has to get with the program because digital photography is very
big these days!

These are the typical models offered by the stores that most people shop
at.
They work with Windows.
Linux support is unknown.

> Regards,

-- 
Patricia Fitzhenry
Remove DEL to reply
Registered Linux user #358464


Relevant Pages

  • Re: Printer recommendations?
    ... works with Linux. ... a one of the printers on the list was in stock in the store. ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: Unattended xp disk problem?
    ... >>> Now there is the ultimate proof that linux makes you stupid. ... ventilation; avoid extreme temperatures and store in a cool, ... away from open flames, naked flames and old flames; avoid inhaling fumes; ...
    (alt.os.windows-xp)
  • Re: The Linux Advocacy Bible
    ... > the Linux community denies this and claims that the user is at fault. ... desktop distro if they are a desktop user, ... > So you are an idiot? ... most Brother printers work, Epson printers are well supported, and HP ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: laptop and wireless
    ... Is this an install image or live image you're using? ... My experience is that a store ... Best Buy and Stables has been pretty good, sometimes the clerks are Linux ... If the WiFI shows up in the ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: Loyal Microsoft Fan
    ... Would you run a store or company and not turn around and go to the ... In the end there is NOTHING stopping you from installing Linux and there ... Windows is simply easier and more supported. ... One of the complaints. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)