root login disabled

From: Ben Gregori (ben1REMOVE_at_sfnet.com)
Date: 07/29/04

Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 10:49:26 -0700

for some reason, my root login is disabled. When i open the root console
window on my desktop, it asks me for a password. I enter it, then the root
console window suddenly closes. However, if i press alt-ctrl-F1 and i login
as root and enter my password, it allows me to enter and use superuser
privilages. but on my desktop, all my root files are locked and i have no
superuser privilages. HELP!!!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: X is broke... freeing multiple contexts (2)
    ... "blinkem" run as root claims unable to open sound card. ... Is "blinkem" an X application? ... In a terminal window? ... The window manager is a process separate from X. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: K3b crashing
    ... > Try going to Packman and getting a newer version. ... thrash the disk - back to 11.7 which works as root). ... window, file list window and plus the big mauve area with the four "wizard" ... Anyway, when I start k3b as a user, the k3b screen appears with the menu bar ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Can not authenticate to home page
    ... assume it to be the root page assigned to me by my ISP, ... Its name is Parent Directory and last ... window asking for user name and password. ... Shortly thereafter, I get a pop-up ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
  • Re: block cdrecorder Konquerer
    ... window pops up. ... other media that the system can see was changed without user help) ... Under KDE, ... X's, and now, when I am root and put in a CD, it does exactly what ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: [SLE] Destjet printer app has a bug? Signal 11
    ... Type the command: kdesu konqueror (this starts a root file manager ... window, so you can work within a gui) ...
    (SuSE)