Re: installed etheral - still cannot ping Linux machine from Win XP and vice versa

From: Walter Schiessberg (nospam.news_at_arcor.de)
Date: 08/01/04

Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2004 11:05:45 +0200

Zefram Cochrane wrote on 31.07.2004 07:49:

> I have checked the firewall on the SUSE box and there is no firewall
> policy. I have also checked the XP box and there is no firewall policy
> on my LAN connection.

a) Change ports on the hub, when of no effect, connect the machines
directly with a crossover cable.

b) Have you checked the routing on the machines (netstat -rn)?

c) What does traceroute/tracert say?

It could be useful to post the output of ifconfig -all (Linux)/ipconfig
-all (Windows), netstat and traceroute/tracert.

--
Walter