Re: AMD XP3200 + Gigabyte 7N400-PRO2

From: hbsimon (hsimon_at_optusnet.com.au)
Date: 08/09/04

Date: 8 Aug 2004 21:12:27 -0700

diego <esta_no_vale@terra.es> wrote in message news:<2m9fbeFkd4q1U1@uni-berlin.de>...
> hbsimon wrote:
>
> > Are there users out there who are happy with this board and what type
> > of memory you are using? I intend to use Kingston 3200.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Horst
>
> The same board whith 2 DIMM of DDR-400 TakeMS
>
> :-D
>
> Regards
>
> Diego

I finally bought the GA-7N400 Pro2(Rev2). I didn't re-install
Linux(SuSE 9.1) only Windows-XP. Linux booted up fine and the hardware
scan found new
hardware and I had to reconfigure the display. Now the only problem I
have
is no sound. I checked the Nvidia site and the drivers there are for
Kernel 2.4.X only. Does anyone has sound working with this board on
SuSE 9.1 and
2.6 kernel without re-installing SuSE Linux 9.1? Previous board used
was a Gigabyte GA-7DXR.

Thanks and Regards,
Horst