No sound on MIDI Test

From: Third Law (tolsdorf_at_ozemail.com.au)
Date: 08/18/04

Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 20:22:28 +1000

New to Linux and loving it, however having trouble getting sound when
playing music CD's. Control Center Test Sound was fine however Test Midi
was silent, has this got something to do with it?
If so how do I fix it please?

Thank-you

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Sound problem: SuSe 9.3 pro
    ... > by ftp the test sound used there. ... its probably the same as with my AC97 sound: ... the main control doesnt work, but instad of it yo have to use the headphones ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: KDE sound problem
    ... on a newly-acquired ThinkPad T43, ... with kernel 2.6.20-1.2933.fc6. ... I hear nothing when I press the "Test sound" button, ... Go to kmenu/multimedia/kmix increase the volume control for the ...
    (comp.windows.x.kde)
  • midi play through soundcard on KDE
    ... in KDE control center, the test sound is fine, the test midi nothing ... Craig ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: No sound on MIDI Test
    ... Control Center Test Sound was fine however Test Midi ... No, as anc said, the midi thing has nothing to do with the CD thing. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)