Re: KDE 3.3

From: jai (jai_at_verizon.net)
Date: 08/21/04

    Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 12:29:01 GMT

    On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 09:06:00 +0100, baskitcaise wrote:

    > Mr Ter adjusted his/her tin foil beanie and asbestos underwear to write:
    >

    >> I've upgrade to KDE 3.3 and after using it for few hours I have a
    >> distinct feeling that it's been released too soon.

    I had a few nagging issues and just droped to run level 3, renamed my .kde
    folder and logged back in. You get a new session with new 3.3 rc files.
    The only settings that are a pain are e-mail, but you can move the kmail
    prefs over to the new folder.

    - jai

    --
    - jai
    ------------------------------------

    • Re: [kde] KDE 4.5 - Desktop files
      ... All my icons on my desktop are gone. ... However after upgrading to KDE 4.5 no ... more useful still, multiple separate "activities", which can but don't ... As it happens one of the available plasmoids is called "Folder view". ...
      (KDE)
    • Re: [kde] Munch munch munch
      ... current folder, and I can move to the next unread folder. ... FWIW, that's what I've noticed my trend to be here, away from kde apps. ... Now I'll dig through my .kde4 backups, let's see if I can make plasma ...
      (KDE)
    • Re: [kde] Why KDE4?
      ... Red Hat is well respected in the community for their VERY active ... So for continued KDE 3.5 support, I'd probably go with either stable ... any kind of folder, it is addressed as a folder to get better ... That's the way I read the lists. ...
      (KDE)
    • Re: [opensuse] Making sense of KDE4
      ... have a konsole panel -- like mc, ... In KDE 3.5, I organize my dozen or so desktop ... The "activity bar" is the first widget I see. ... I get to give the "Folder" a name.  ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: fedora-list Digest, Vol 60, Issue 109
      ... VirtualBox launch problem ... kde 4.2 pulse audio eradicate ... KDE 4.2 and desktop icons ... Well, you still need the folder view for that, however now the ...
      (Fedora)